Any scientist or engineer who has a position at university/public research organization/company and was born on April 1st, 1980 or later, who is a member of IPSJ and a member of IEEE-CS at the time of nomination deadline, is eligible. Members serving on the IPSJ/IEEE Computer Society Young Computer Researcher Award Committee are not eligible. It is desirable that nominees have attained the rank of Senior Member of IEEE.
Nominees should have publications in journals or conferences organized by the IPSJ, and also have ones in journals or conferences organized by IEEE-CS. In addition, nominees should not have been awarded any of Microsoft Award, Information Processing Research and Development Award, IPSJ/ACM Award for Early Career Contributions to Global Research, and IPSJ Nagao Special Researcher Award from the IPSJ. Nominees cannot apply for any of these awards in the same calendar year.
* The contributions for nominations are not limited to contributions for IPSJ and IEEE-CS.
●Eligibility of Nominator
Any regular/honorary member of IPSJ and/or IEEE-CS. Self-nominations are not permitted.
Materials submitted for evaluation shall be written in English, using 10-point (or larger) font with the proper form provided by the IPSJ website. Each nomination package will be submitted electronically and include:
- a summary statement of achievements of the basis for the nomination (up to 200 words),
- a detailed statement of the achievements (up to 2 pages),
- a list of awards given to the nominee (up to 0.5 page),
- representative activities or services to the IPSJ and/or IEEE-CS, as well as others (up to 1 page),
- a list of representative publications and patents (up to 2 pages),
- three research articles which were authored or co-authored by the nominee within IPSJ and IEEE-CS journals and conference proceedings.
Provision of active web links for those materials which remain accessible from the time of the nomination to the presentation of the award are strongly encouraged.
Nomination form (word)：Download （Size: A4）
November 19, 2021
The electronics files (nomination form and 3 representative articles) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail prior to this deadline.
The nominee’s achievements will be evaluated by the award committee consisting of members selected from the IPSJ and IEEE-CS, and at-most three awardees will be selected.
* The committee may contact the nominator during the screening process.
* The personal information of the nominee (e.g. name, affiliation, age, postal/e-mail address, and telephone number) will be shared among committee members (IPSJ and IEEE-CS).
Award Ceremony and Publication
The Award Ceremony is TENTATIVELY (to be approved) planned for the IEEE-CS COMPSAC 2021 conference (presenting the certificate of merit) . The awardees will be also announced at the National Convention of IPSJ in March, 2021. Nominees agree that, if they are selected for the award, then they will:
a) provide information about themselves both in English and Japanese, and recent professional photograph, which will be posted on websites, and
b) attend the IEEE-CS COMPSAC 2021 conference ceremonies in-person to receive the certificate of merit.
Contact (Address for sending Nomination Form)]
IPSJ/IEEE-CS Award Office
Technical Activity Section
Information Processing Society of Japan
Kagaku-kaikan (Chemistry Hall) 4F
1-5 Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062 JAPAN
The electronic files must be sent to → E-mail: email@example.com
Contact → Click