Established : November 11, 2001
Amended : December 15, 2017
Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of its members and customers, and is committed to properly collecting, using, and managing their personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
IPSJ collects personal identifiable information from its members and customers who receive IPSJ services, and from committee members and referees who are involved with IPSJ services and activities on a consent basis. When IPSJ does, it will specify the purpose to use the information.
Using Personal Information
The collected personal information will be used only for the following purposes. It is not disclosed to third parties without the holder's consent.
- Identification, IPSJ services, invoices, renewal notices about services
- Notice of annual meetings and elections, delivery of membership cards, management of IPSJ services and activities such as contacts among IPSJ committee members
- Notice of general IPSJ services including events and survey for improving IPSJ services
Notwithstanding the foregoing, IPSJ will use, disclose, or release personal information in the case of the following:
- Valid legal process requires it.
- The holder agrees.
- IPSJ may subcontract its activities to outside contractors for carrying out its organization objectives.
(for example, sharing the names and addresses with a courier company for delivering materials).
Managing Personal Information
IPSJ manages the collected personal information with utmost care to prevent improper disclosure, destruction, modification, and loss. IPSJ is not responsible for personal information that are disclosed by the holders themselves or already public.
Disclosing and Collecting Personal Information
IPSJ discloses, with shortest delay, the collected personal information when the holder requests so. When the holder requests correction of his/her data, IPSJ complies with the request with shortest delay.
IPSJ Web Site
Visitors to IPSJ Web site should use it at their own risk. IPSJ assumes no responsibility on any outcomes from using the information obtained both on IPSJ Web site itself and on other Web sites linked to IPSJ Web site.
IPSJ Administration Section
FAX:+81-3-5484-3534 Contact form