CHAPTER 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
Article 1 (Name)
The name of the juridical person shall be Ippan Shadan Houjin Joho Shori Gakkai (expressed in English as "Information Processing Society of Japan").
Article 2 (Office)
The principal office of the juridical person shall be located in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan.
CHAPTER 2 OBJECTIVE AND BUSINESS
Article 3 (Objective)
The objective of the juridical person shall be to contribute to the development of science, culture and industry through the promotion of academic and technical activities in information processing with a focus on computers and communication.
Article 4 (Business)
- The juridical person shall engage in the following business in order to achieve the objective set forth under the preceding article:
- (1) Research and surveys on information processing technology, and publication of the results of the research and surveys.
- (2) Promotion and practice of information processing technology.
- (3) Promotion of the standardization of information processing technology, and its dissemination.
- (4) Promotion of human resource development related to information processing.
- (5) Participation in, liaison and cooperation with international associations related to information processing, and liaison and cooperation.
- (6) Liaison and cooperation with associations related to information processing.
- (7) Other business necessary to achieve the objective of this juridical person.
- The business set forth in the preceding paragraph shall be conducted in Japan and abroad.
CHAPTER 3 MEMBERS AND PARTNERS
Article 5 (Constituent Members of the Juridical Person)
- The juridical person shall have the following as its Members:
- (1)Regular Members: Individuals who have enrolled agreeing with the objective of the juridical person.
- (2)Honorary Members: Individuals who have gained special achievements within the scope of the juridical person's activities and who have been nominated at a general meeting of partners.
- (3)Student Members: Individuals who have enrolled agreeing with the objective of the juridical person, who are students currently enrolled in a junior college, a technical college, university undergraduate department, graduate school master's program or doctoral program, or an equivalent school thereto.
- (4)Supporting Members: Entities or individuals who have enrolled in order to support the business of the juridical person.
- The partners of the juridical person in terms of the Act on General Incorporated Associations and General Incorporated Foundations (hereinafter referred to as the "General Incorporated Associations/Foundations Act") shall be Representative Members who have been selected at a rate of one person from among approximately 100 Regular Members.
Article 6 (Membership)
- Any person who wishes to enroll in this juridical person shall make an application through the method stipulated by the IPSJ Board of Directors, and shall obtain the approval of the Board.
- Any person who has been nominated as an Honorary Member at a general meeting of partners shall become a Member on said person giving consent without being required to undergo the membership procedures set forth in the preceding paragraph.
Article 7 (Costs)
- The Members shall pay the admission fee and annual dues separately determined by a general meeting of partners on becoming a Member and every year thereafter in order to cover the costs incurred on a recurring basis for the operation of the juridical person.
- Student Members and Supporting Members shall not be required to pay the admission fee.
- Honorary Members shall not be required to pay the admission fee or annual dues.
Article 8 (Voluntary Withdrawal from Membership)
Members may withdraw from membership voluntarily at any time by submitting the withdrawal notice separately stipulated by the IPSJ Board of Directors.
Article 9 (Expulsion)
- Where a Member comes to fall under any one of the following items, such a Member may be expelled through a general meeting of partners attended by one-half (1/2) or more of the total number of Representative Members, by a resolution of two-thirds or more of the voting rights of the total number of Representative Members so present. In this case, the Member shall be notified to the effect that he or she is to be expelled together with the reason therefor at least one week before the general meeting of partners and shall be given the opportunity to give an explanation prior to the resolution at the general meeting of partners.
- (1)The Member has violated the articles of incorporation or regulations of the juridical person.
- (2)The Member has damaged the reputation of the juridical person or has committed an act contrary to its objective.
- (3)Some other legitimate reason for expulsion of the Member has come to exist.
- Where a resolution on expulsion has been passed pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the subject Member shall be notified of the same.
Article 10 (Forfeiture of Status as a Member)
Other than the cases set forth under the preceding two articles (Voluntary Withdrawal from Membership and Expulsion), where a Member comes to fall under any one of the following items, he or she shall forfeit his or her status as a Member.
- (1)The Member has not paid the annual dues for one year or more.
- (2)The said forfeiture of the Member's status has received the consent of all of the Members.
- (3)The Member has died or has been the subject of a court decision declaring a missing person to be legally dead, or the organization which is a Supporting Member has been dissolved.
- (4)The Member has become an adult ward or a person under curatorship.
Article 11 (Rights and Obligations Associated with Forfeiture of Membership)
- Where the Member has forfeited his or her status pursuant to the provisions of the preceding Article, he or she shall forfeit the rights held as a Member with respect to the juridical person and shall be exempt from a Member's obligations; provided, however, that he or she shall not be made exempt from unperformed obligations.
- Even if a Member forfeits his or her status as a Member, the juridical person shall not refund any admission fees, annual dues or any other contributions which have already been paid.
- If a Member who is a Representative Member has forfeited his or her status as a Member pursuant to any of the provisions of Article 8, Article 9 or Article 10, he or she shall also forfeit his or her status as a Representative Member.
CHAPTER 4 GENERAL MEETING OF PARTNERS
Article 12 (Organization)
A general meeting of partners shall be composed of all of the Representative Members.
Article 13 (Authority)
- A general meeting of partners shall pass resolutions on the following matters:
- (1)Expulsion of a Member.
- (2)The criteria for membership and the amounts of the annual dues and admission fee.
- (3)The appointment or dismissal of IPSJ Directors and IPSJ Auditors.
- (4)The remuneration, etc. of IPSJ Directors and IPSJ Auditors or regulations pertaining to the same.
- (5)The business report and financial statements for each business year.
- (6)Amendment of the articles of association of IPSJ.
- (7)Dissolution of the juridical person and disposal of residual assets.
- (8)Other matters set forth under laws and regulations or the articles of association of IPSJ to be approved at a general meeting of partners.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, at individual general meetings of partners, resolutions may not be adopted on matters other than the purpose or the matters for deliberation described in the document provided for in paragraph 3 of Article 15 (convocation notice).
CHAPTER 5 OFFICERS
Article 23 (Establishment of Officers)
- This juridical person shall have the following officers.
- (1)IPSJ Directors: Between 15 and 25 Directors.
- (2)IPSJ Auditors: No more than two Auditors.
- Of the IPSJ Directors one shall be appointed ISPJ President and there shall be no more than two ISPJ Vice Presidents.
- The ISPJ President and Vice Presidents provided for in the preceding paragraph shall be the Representative Directors in terms of the General Incorporated Associations/Foundations Act, and the other IPSJ Directors shall be the Executive Directors under the same Act.
CHAPTER 6 IPSJ BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Article 32 (Organization)
- The juridical person shall have a Board of Directors.
- The IPSJ Board of Directors shall be composed of all of the IPSJ Directors.
- The Chair of the IPSJ Board of Directors may have persons other than the officers attend a meeting of the IPSJ Board of Directors where he or she deems it to be necessary to do so.
CHAPTER 7 ASSETS AND ACCOUNTS
Article 42 (Business Year)
The business year of the juridical person shall commence on April 1 of each year and shall end on March 31 of the following year.
Article 43 (Management and Operation of the Assets)
The management and operation of the assets of the juridical person shall be in accordance with the Asset Management and Operation Regulations prescribed separately by the IPSJ Board of Directors.
CHAPTER 10 INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
Article 54 (Accounting Books and Documents)
- The juridical person shall keep the following books and documents at the principal office and shall maintain them in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations.
- (1)Articles of association of IPSJ.
- (2)Register of Members.
- (3)Register of officers.
- (4)Documents describing the criteria for payment of remuneration, etc. for officers.
- (5)Documents prescribed under Article 44 (Business Plan and Budget).
- (6)Documents prescribed under paragraph 1 of Article 45 (Business Report and Financial Statements).
- (7)Audit reports.
- (8)An outline of the management organization and the state of business activities, and documents describing the important figures related to the same.
- (9)Documents relating to authorization, permission and approval, etc. and to registration.
- Among the organizations stipulated in the articles of association of IPSJ, documents relating to the proceedings of the IPSJ Board of Directors and the general meeting of partners.
- (11)Other books and documents prescribed by laws and regulations.
- Inspections of any of the books or documents provided for in any of the provisions of the preceding paragraph shall be as prescribed by laws and regulations.
Article 55 (Public Notices)
- The method of public notices of the juridical person shall be in the form of electronic notices.
- Where electronic public notices cannot be made owing to an accident or some other unavoidable reason, public notices shall be made in the form of a publication in the official gazette.